Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Limerence - Claire C. Riley

Limerence

This was a very interesting story line and I felt that overall, this book was really good. I am not used to reading dark thrillers but this one did not disappoint. Mia and Oliver are very much in love which is very sweet. Oliver is a landscaper and is working on the “island” for the new owner who just purchased the property. The book takes a turn when Mr. Breckt, the owner sees Mia and decides that he wants her. VERY MUCH. Although Mia is drawn to Mr. Breckt but it is not of her own will. He is constantly using his powers to try to make her sway.

The book takes another sharp turn when Oliver suddenly has to travel to London because for his job and Mia is essentially left alone to deal with Oliver leaving and this is where Mr. Breckt tries to have his way with her. Essentially, I am glad that Mia’s love for Oliver overruled her feelings towards Mr. Breckt. The story was very slow up until this point and I really do like how the action picked once Mia is turned against her will. I also must say that I really do like Mia as a vampire once she was able to control her urges and power.

The ending was good but very heartbreaking and I get a sense that there will be other twists to this story. I am looking forward to reading the next installment of Mia’s story and I cannot wait to see what the Queen has in store for her.

Overall, this was a good read and I give 4 out of 5 stars. The story started off slow in the beginning but the once the story picks up, I finished it within a few hours!

**A copy of this book was supplied by the author in return for an honest review**

No comments:

Post a Comment