Thursday, April 18, 2013

No Regrets - Aderonke Moyinlorun

No Regrets

I received a copy of this book from the author for an honest review and I wanted so much for this book to be better than what it was. The storyline and series of events were there, it was just that the story was too fast paced for my liking. Some parts of the book could have been drawn out so that you could at least get a sense of how Dami was handling her issues.

The things that Dami went through are real issues that could have happened to any young girl coming to a new country to start a life. I am also thinking that maybe the POV of the book should have been in 3rd person so that more of the story could have been told instead of rushing through the sequence of events.

This story had so much potential and I feel the author did not capitalize on getting the story across to the reader. Dami kept so much to herself that this blocked other characters like Nick and Nana from playing a bigger role in the books. The “love story” could have centered on Nick helping Dami with her issues but instead she shut him out and I feel Nick could have played a better role in the book instead of the friend who just stood by the sideline waiting. Overall, the ending was good, a little predictable, but too fast.

I’ll give No Regrets 2 out of 5 stars. The storyline was good but too fast paced for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment